Canon Fodder presents a simple quiz: Politics, Patriotism and Protest! Take the test and gauge your loyalty.
1. It is never right to kill another person.
2. Political leaders usually act in the best interest of their countries.
3. If a political leader has done something wrong, it is all right to get rid of him or her by whatever means necessary.
4. "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
5. In certain situations it may be justified for a political leader to bend or break the law for the good of the country.
6. People should never compromise their ideals or beliefs.
7. "My country right or wrong" is not just a slogan; it is every citizen's patriotic duty.
8. No cause, political or otherwise, is worth dying for.
9. "Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant taste of death but once."
10. "The evil that men do lives after them; the good is [often buried] with their bones.
Read the entire essay from the View from the Mount archives